Report NEP-BAN-2008-02-16This is the archive for NEP-BAN, a report on new working papers in the area of Banking. Roberto Santillan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Simona Castellani & Chiara Pederzoli & Costanza Torricelli, 2008. "Indebtedness, macroeconomic conditions and banks’ loan losses: evidence from Italy," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 08014, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Facoltà di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Philip Strahan, 2008. "Liquidity Production in 21st Century Banking," NBER Working Papers 13798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lamont Black & Diana Hancock & Wayne Passmore, 2007. "Bank core deposits and the mitigation of monetary policy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2008. "Efficiency in banking: theory, practice, and evidence," Working Papers 08-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mark Carlson, 2008. "Alternatives for distressed banks and the panics of the Great Depression," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-07, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Evan Gatev & Philip Strahan, 2008. "Liquidity Risk and Syndicate Structure," NBER Working Papers 13802, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- KOBAYASHI Keiichiro & YANAGAWA Noriyuki, 2008. "Banking Crisis and Borrower Productivity," Discussion papers 08003, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Timothy H. Hannan & Gerald A. Hanweck, 2008. "Recent trends in the number and size of bank branches: an examination of likely determinants," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brown, M. & Ongena, S. & Yesin, P., 2008. "Currency Denomination of Bank Loans: Evidence from Small Firms in Transition Countries," Discussion Paper 2008-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- William Kerr & Ramana Nanda, 2006. "Democratizing Entry: Banking Deregulations, Financing Constraints, and Entrepreneurship," Harvard Business School Working Papers 07-033, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2008.
- John Tang, 2008. "Financial Intermediation and Late Development: The Case of Meiji Japan, 1868 to 1912," Working Papers 08-01, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.