Report NEP-AGE-2012-12-06This is the archive for NEP-AGE, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Ageing. Claudia Villosio issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier & Nahid Tabatabai, 2012. "Mismeasurement of Pensions Before and After Retirement: The Mystery of the Disappearing Pensions with Implications for the Importance of Social Security as a Source of Retirement Support," NBER Working Papers 18542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elena Stancanelli, 2012. "Spouses' Retirement and Hours of Work Outcomes: Evidence from Twofold Regression Discontinuity," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12074, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Matthew S. Rutledge, 2012. "Holding Out or Opting Out? Deciding Between Retirement and Disability Applications in Recessions," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2012-26, Center for Retirement Research.
- William B.P. Robson & Alexandre Laurin, 2012. "Federal Employee Pension Reforms: First Steps - on a Much Longer Journey," e-briefs, C.D. Howe Institute 140, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Frieder R. Lang & David Weiss & Denis Gerstorf & Gert G. Wagner, 2012. "Forecasting Life Satisfaction across Adulthood: Benefits of Seeing a Dark Future?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 502, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Dalibor Eterovic & Nicolas Eterovic, 2012. "Separating the Wheat from the Chaff: Understanding Portfolio Returns in an Emerging Market," Working Papers, Adolfo IbÃ¡Ã±ez University, School of Government wp_025, Adolfo IbÃ¡Ã±ez University, School of Government.
- Elizabeth M. Caucutt & Thomas F. Cooley & Nezih Guner, 2012. "The Farm, the City, and the Emergence of Social Security," UFAE and IAE Working Papers, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC) 923.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC).
- Tindara Addabbo & Marco Fuscaldo & Anna Maccagnan, 2012. "Care and the Capability of Living a Healthy Life in a Gender Perspective," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP), Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica 0099, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Aoki, Reiko, 2012. "A Demographic Perspective on Japanâ€™s â€œLost Decadesâ€," CIS Discussion paper series, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University 576, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Loesse Jacques Esso & HÃ©ctor PifarrÃ© i Arolas, 2012. "Mortality Convergence Across High-Income Countries: An Econometric Approach," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12076, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Hiroshi Fujiki & Naohisa Hirakata & Etsuro Shioji, 2012. "Aging and Household Stockholdings: Evidence from Japanese Household Survey Data," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-17, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- M. Cadoni & R. Melis & A. Trudda, 2012. "Financial crisis: a new measure for risk of pension funds assets," Working Paper CRENoS 201231, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2012. "The Effect of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Longevity: Patient-Level Evidence from the 1996-2002 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey and Linked Mortality Public-Use Files," NBER Working Papers 18552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahlenberg, Christoph & Spermann, Alexander, 2012. "How Could Germany Escape the Demographic Trap?," IZA Policy Papers 48, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo & Bergman, Mats A. & Lundberg, Sofia, 2012. "Privatization and Quality: Evidence from Elderly Care in Sweden," SITE Working Paper Series 19, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- E. J. Wilson & K. Jayanthakumaran & R. Verma, 2012. "Demographics, Labor Mobility, and Productivity," Development Economics Working Papers 23348, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.