Report NEP-AFR-2013-08-05This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Bezu, Sosina & Kassie, Girma & Shiferaw, Bekele & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, 2013. "Impact of Improved Maize Adoption on Welfare of Farm Households in Malawi: A Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 48763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elise Huillery, 2013. "The Black Man's Burden - The Cost of Colonization of French West Africa," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6, Sciences Po.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2013. "Political Structure as a Legacy of Indirect Colonial Rule: Bargaining between National Governments and Rural Elites in Africa," MPRA Paper 48771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominik Noe & Admasu Shiferaw, 2013. "Low-intensity Conflict and Firm Level Investment in Ethiopia," Working Papers 141, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary, revised 05 Dec 2013.
- Ahdi N. Ajmi & Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Causality between Exports and Economic Growth in South Africa: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Tests," Working Papers 201339, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ankita, Ankita Shukla & Kaushal, Kaushalendra Kumar & Abhishek, Abhishek Singh, 2013. "Association between obesity and selected morbidities: A study of BRICS," MPRA Paper 48678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kangogo, Daniel & Lagat, Job & Ithinji, Gicuru, 2013. "The Influence of Social Capital Dimensions on Household Participation in Micro-Credit Groups and Loan Repayment Performance in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya," MPRA Paper 48624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moepeng, Pelotshweu, 2013. "Core economic issues in the horticulture sector of Botswana," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 152684, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Tomoya Matsumoto & Takashi Yamano & Dick Sserunkuuma, 2013. "Technology Adoption and Dissemination in Agriculture: Evidence from Sequential Intervention in Maize Production in Uganda," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-14, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Pavnesh Kumar, 2013. "BRICS:The rise of sleeping giant," Working papers 2013-6-17, Voice of Research.
- Linda Kleemann & Awudu Abdulai & Mareike Buss, 2013. "Is Organic Farming Worth its Investment? The Adoption and Impact of Certified Pineapple Farming in Ghana," Kiel Working Papers 1856, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Rieper, Sarah, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility in zones of conflict," PIPE - Papers on International Political Economy 18/2013, Free University Berlin, Center for International Political Economy.
- Mailu, Stephen & Wanyoike, M & Serem, Jared, 2013. "Rabbit breed characteristics, farmer objectives and preferences in Kenya: A correspondence analysis," MPRA Paper 48476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2013. "Daily Needs, Income Targets and Labor Supply: Evidence from Kenya," NBER Working Papers 19264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moepeng, Pelotshweu, 2013. "Rural development in Botswana: Experience from elsewhere and emerging issues," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 152685, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Elizabeth Beasley & Elise Huillery, 2013. "School Resources, Behavioral Responses and School Quality: Short-Term Experimental Evidence from Niger," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6, Sciences Po.