Report NEP-AFR-2010-10-02This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Justine Burns & Lawrence Edwards & Karl Pauw, 2010. "Wage Subsidies to Combat Unemployment and Poverty: Assessing South Africa’s Options," SALDRU Working Papers 45, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Daniela Casale & Dorrit Posel, 2010. "English Language Proficiency and Earnings in a Developing Country: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 181, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ruthira Naraidoo & Ivan Paya, 2010. "Forecasting Monetary Policy Rules in South Africa," Working Papers 189, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Item repec:lan:wpaper:006841 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Item repec:mrq:wpaper:1004 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Colette Muller, 2010. "Underemployed women: an analysis of voluntary and involuntary part-time wage employment in South Africa," Working Papers 185, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Peter Searle & Albert Touna Mama, 2010. "The Sustainability of South African Current Account Deficits," Working Papers 188, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Jacques Kibambe Ngoie & Arnold Zellner, 2010. "The Use of a Marshallian Macroeconomic Model for Policy Evaluation: Case of South Africa," Working Papers 179, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- M Du Preez & S G Hosking, 2010. "The Value of the Trout Fishery at Rhodes, North Eastern Cape, South Africa, A Travel Cost Analysis Using Count Data Models," Working Papers 182, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Taryn Dinkelman & Vimal Ranchhod, 2010. "Evidence on the impact of minimum wage laws in an informal sector: Domestic workers in South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 44, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Z. Chinzara, 2010. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and emerging market stock market volatility: The case for South Africa," Working Papers 187, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- John Weeks, 2010. "The Freetown Declaration: Countercyclical Policy for Africa," Working Papers wp237, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Malcolm Keswell & Michael Carter, 2010. "Poverty and Land Redistribution: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from South Africa's LRAD program," Working Papers 190, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2010. "A History With Evidence: Income inequality in the Dutch Cape Colony," Working Papers 184, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Sennoga, Edward B. & Matovu, John Mary, 2010. "Public spending composition and public sector efficiency: Implications for growth and poverty reduction in Uganda," Research Series 93808, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Rangan Gupta & Rudi Steinbach, 2010. "Forecasting Key Macroeconomic Variables of the South African Economy: A Small Open Economy New Keynesian DSGE-VAR Model," Working Papers 201019, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Economic Policy Research Centre, 2010. "The potential impact of the EU-ACP economic partnership Agreement: A case study of the Ugandan horticulture sector," Research Series 93811, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2010. "Growth by Destination (Where you Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries," ICER Working Papers 22-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Chameni Nembua, Célestin & Miamo Wendji, Clovis, 2010.
"Les déterminants du niveau et de l’inégalité de la pauvreté au Cameroun : Une analyse de décomposition multidimensionnelle
[Determinants of the level of inequality and poverty in Cameroon: A," MPRA Paper 25215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yaya Koloma, 2010. "Différence de performance sociale des institutions de microfinance au Mali," Documents de travail 157, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.