Report NEP-AFR-2010-06-18This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Fenske, James, 2010. "Institutions in African history and development: A review essay," MPRA Paper 23120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fenske, James, 2010. "Does land abundance explain African institutions?," MPRA Paper 23222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacques Kibambe & Arnold Zellner, 2010. "The Use Of A Marshallian Macroeconomic Model For Policy Evaluation: Case Of South Africa," Working Papers 201013, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kohnert, Dirk, 2010. "Drivers of change or cut-throat competitors? Challenging Cultures of Innovation of Chinese and Nigerian migrant entrepreneurs in West Africa," MPRA Paper 23132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helene Maisonnave & Jugal Mahabir & Ramos Mabugu & Margaret Chitiga, 2010. "The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on Sub-National Government â€“ Lessons from the Free State Province in South Africa," Working Papers 201012, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Simwaka, Kisu, 2010. "Choice of exchange rate regimes for African countries: Fixed or Flexible Exchange rate regimes?," MPRA Paper 23129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Turpie, Jane & Day, Elizabeth & Ross-Gillespie, Vere & Louw, Anton, 2010. "Estimation of the Water Quality Amelioration Value of Wetlands: A Study of the Western Cape, South Africa," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-10-15-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2010. "Adoption and Impact of Improved Groundnut Varieties on Rural Poverty: Evidence from Rural Uganda," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-10-11-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Loening, Josef & Mikael Imru, Laketch, 2009. "Ethiopia: Diversifying the Rural Economy. An Assessment of the Investment Climate for Small and Informal Enterprises," MPRA Paper 23278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svetlana Andrianova & Badi Baltagi & Panicos Demetriades & David Fielding, 2010. "The African Credit Trap," Discussion Papers in Economics 10/18, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Oct 2010.
- Hubert Tchakoute Tchuigoua, 2010. "Lâ€™influence des mÃ©canismes de gouvernance sur la performance des institutions de microfinance dâ€™Afrique Sub-saharienne," Working Papers CEB, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 10-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- J. V. Meenakshi & Abhijit Banerji & Victor Manyong & Keith Tomlins & Priscilla Hamukwala & Nitya Mittal, 2010. "Using a Discrete Choice Experiment to Elicit the Demand for a Nutritious Food: Willingness-to-Pay for Orange Maize in Rural Zambia," Working papers 186, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Dikgang, Johane & Visser, Martine, 2010. "Behavioral Response to Plastic Bag Legislation in Botswana," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-10-13-efd, Resources For the Future.