FAQ for RePEc archive maintainers
General RePEc questions
- I just inherited the maintenance of a RePEc archive. What should I do?
- What is RePEc?
- Is RePEc used?
- What are RePEc services?
- Do I need to maintain two sets of information: one for RePEc and one for my web site?
- How can I optimize the visibility of my works?
- Where are my templates used?
- Do I need to submit publication information separately to other abstracting services?
- I want to help more with RePEc. What can I do?
- Who pays for RePEc and its services as it is free for all?
- How often is RePEc data updated?
- Who do I need to notify when I made a change?
- Papers from my institution are listed several times in search results, how can I prevent that?
- A paper got published in a journal, should I remove it?
- Where can I find a detailed description of the templates?
- Do I still need to start lines with a space or tab?
- How can check the syntax of my templates?
- Do handles need to be in lower case?
- How can I add a new series to our archive?
- Where can I get a list of file types?
- Where are all the JEL codes?
- What common syntax errors should I look out for?
- Authors complain that their work does not show up in the RePEc Author Service. Why?
- I do not understand the error message of the template syntax checker. Can you help?
- My working paper series has been selected for inclusion in Econlit. What do I need to do?
- How can I make that an item is automatically added to an author's profile?
- How do I get Word to save a simple text file, as required?
- How do I get Word to save a file with extension .rdf?
- Which character set is used for templates?
- My listings on the RePEc websites have plenty of funny characters. What can I do?
Ftp and http servers
- Our archive is moving to a new address. How should I proceed?
- RePEc services do not seem to be current. What is going on?
- How can I check that my updates are reflected in the RePEc services?
- Your logs show 403 Forbidden. What is going on?
- Your logs show 404 File not found. What is going on?
- Your logs say that directory browsing is forbidden. What can I do?
- It is impossible to get IT staff or the server to collaborate with RePEc requirements. Is all hope lost?
- How often do RePEc services update their holdings?
- Is it possible to put the templates on a ftp server that is not anonymous?
- Where do I sign up for monthly mailings?
- I receive monthly mailings, but I want someone else to receive them. Can you change the address?
- I heard authors also get an individualized mailing. How do I get it?
- How do I get the editor of my series/journal to get a monthly email as well?
- I do not want to get the mailings anymore. What can I do?
Tips and tricks
- How can I cut and paste abstracts from pdf files?
- I do not like the order in which my papers are displayed. What can I do?
- How can I learn about developments in RePEc?
- How can I improve my series' impact factor?
- How can I get my papers' references to be listed?
- How can I get my series listed in EDIRC?
- A working paper got published. How do I alert users about that?