Reciprocal liberalization: Bilateral, plurilateral or multilateral?
AbstractThis chapter studies interlinkages and interaction between the reciprocal trade liberalization through the WTO and preferential trade agreements from the perspective of the LDCs. An econometric exercise using an extended version of ARTNeT gravity dataset is done to determine the impact of WTO and PTA membership on the developed and developing countries, as well as LDCs’ trade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number tipub2625_chap4.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
Doha Round; trade; least developed countries; Aid for Trade; gravity; WTO; Asia-Pacific; preferential trade agreements; trade liberalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amiti, Mary & Romalis, John, 2007.
"Will the Doha Round Lead to Preference Erosion?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6372, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caroline Freund & Emanuel Ornelas, 2009.
"Regional Trade Agreements,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0961, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2010.
"Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7904, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2009. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," CCES Discussion Paper Series 12, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2009. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-057, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2010. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," NBER Working Papers 16084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Ruiz & Josep M. Vilarrubia, 2007. "The wise use of dummies in gravity models: export potentials in the Euromed region," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0720, Banco de Espa�a.
- Tovar, Patricia, 2012. "Preferential Trade Agreements and Unilateral Liberalization: Evidence from CAFTA," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 591-619, October.
- Céline CARRERE, 2003. "Revisiting the Effects of Regional Trading Agreements on trade flows with Proper Specification of the Gravity Model," Working Papers 200310, CERDI.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Emanuel Ornelas, 2005. "Rent Destruction and the Political Viability of Free Trade Agreements," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1475-1506, November.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2007.
"Reciprocal trade agreements in gravity models: a meta-analysis,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp07035, University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS.
- Maria Cipollina & Luca Salvatici, 2010. "Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 63-80, 02.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2006. "Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-analysis," Working Papers 18877, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Lim O, Nuno, 2006. "Preferential vs. multilateral trade liberalization: evidence and open questions," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 155-176, July.
- E. Baldwin, Richard & Seghezza, Elena, 2010. "Are Trade Blocs Building or Stumbling Blocs?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 276-297.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.