Prospects for India and lessons for latecomers
In: India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75
AbstractChapter VI synthesizes the findings and key messages emerging from this study and presents policy recommendations with regard to fostering IPN participation by countries that are still lagging behind. The recommendations hold important implications for India and other developing Asian countries that have been missed out in the growing phenomenon of IPNs, given their similarity in terms of the constraints and challenges that they face.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number tipub2624_chap6.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
production network; fragmentation of production; Asia; value chain; China; India;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Athukorala, Prema–Chandra & Menon, Jayant, 2010. "Global Production Sharing, Trade Patterns, and Determinants of Trade Flows in East Asia," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 41, Asian Development Bank.
- Kochhar, Kalpana & Kumar, Utsav & Rajan, Raghuram & Subramanian, Arvind & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2006.
"India's pattern of development: What happened, what follows?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 981-1019, July.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan & Ioannis Tokatlidis & Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar, 2006. "India's Pattern of Development: What Happened, What Follows?," IMF Working Papers 06/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar & Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2006. "India's Patterns of Development: What Happened, What Follows," NBER Working Papers 12023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.