Property Market Cycles as Paths to Financial Distress
In: Property Markets and Financial Stability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: Alexandra Heath & Frank Packer & Callan Windsor (ed.) Property Markets and Financial Stability, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages , 2012.
This item is provided by Reserve Bank of Australia in its series RBA Annual Conference Volume with number acv2012-08.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meen, Geoffrey, 2000. "Housing Cycles and Efficiency," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(2), pages 114-40, May.
- Topel, Robert H & Rosen, Sherwin, 1988. "Housing Investment in the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 718-40, August.
- Luci Ellis, 2008. "How many in negative equity? The role of mortgage contract characteristics," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Laura Berger-Thomson & Luci Ellis, 2004.
"Housing Construction Cycles and Interest Rates,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp2004-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Duca, John V. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1994. "Borrowing constraints and access to owner-occupied housing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 301-322, June.
- Meen, Geoffrey P, 1990. "The Removal of Mortgage Market Constraints and the Implications for Econometric Modelling of UK House Prices," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Gianluca Violante & Greg Kaplan, 2011.
"A Model of the Consumption Response to Fiscal Stimulus Payments,"
2011 Meeting Papers
243, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kaplan, Greg & Violante, Giovanni L, 2011. "A Model of the Consumption Response to Fiscal Stimulus Payments," CEPR Discussion Papers 8562, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Greg Kaplan & Giovanni L. Violante, 2011. "A Model of the Consumption Response to Fiscal Stimulus Payments," NBER Working Papers 17338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luci Ellis, 2010.
"The Housing Meltdown: Why Did It Happen in the United States?,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 13(3), pages 351-394.
- Luci Ellis, 2008. "The housing meltdown: Why did it happen in the United States?," BIS Working Papers 259, Bank for International Settlements.
- Pau Rabanal & Christopher W. Crowe & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Deniz Igan, 2011. "How to Deal with Real Estate Booms: Lessons from Country Experiences," IMF Working Papers 11/91, International Monetary Fund.
- John Geanakoplos & Ana Fostel, 2008. "Leverage Cycles and the Anxious Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1211-44, September.
- Luci Ellis & Chris Naughtin, 2010. "Commercial Property and Financial Stability - An International Perspective," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 25-30, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.