Dynamic cooperative models of coalition formation and the core
AbstractCooperative games model situations where the actors can collaborate, can form coalitions. We know many static models, but our world is more complex. Despite the fact that there have been several experimental studies on coalition formation there are only very few theoretical papers dealing with the problem in a dynamic context. These papers are not only few in number, but the presented concepts are poorly related. In this paper I discuss two approaches: I explain the process of dynamic coalition formation, and I look at and review a learning model. After it I show some paper about the core. The main aspect is how can reach the core.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: György Kadocsa (ed.) , , pages 291-296, 2012.
This item is provided by Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management in its series Proceedings- 10th International Conference on Mangement, Enterprise and Benchmarking (MEB 2012) with number 291-296.
game theory; cooperative games; dynamic coalition; equilibrium; core;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konishi, Hideo & Ray, Debraj, 2003.
"Coalition formation as a dynamic process,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-41, May.
- Zhou Lin, 1994. "A New Bargaining Set of an N-Person Game and Endogenous Coalition Formation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 512-526, May.
- Agastya, Murali, 1999. "Perturbed Adaptive Dynamics in Coalition Form Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 207-233, December.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Agastya, Murali, 1997.
"Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 411-26, July.
- Murali Agastia, . "Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations," ELSE working papers 007, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Yang, Yi-You, 2010. "On the accessibility of the core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 194-199, May.
- Sengupta, Abhijit & Sengupta, Kunal, 1996. "A Property of the Core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 266-273, February.
- László Á. Kóczy & Luc Lauwers, 2001.
"The Coalition Structure Core is Accessible,"
Game Theory and Information
0110001, EconWPA, revised 26 Jun 2002.
- Feldman, Allan M, 1974. "Recontracting Stability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 35-44, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Vécsey).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.