When the Minimum Wage Really Bites: The Effect of the U.S.-Level Minimum on Puerto Rico
In: Immigration and the Workforce: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 6909.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Addison, John T. & Blackburn, McKinley L. & Cotti, Chad D., 2013.
"Minimum wage increases in a recessionary environment,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 30-39.
- John T. Addison & McKinley L. Blackburn & Chad D. Cotti, 2013. "Minimum Wage Increases in a Recessionary Environment," GEMF Working Papers 2013-08, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006.
"People Flows in Globalization,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 145-170, Spring.
- Lemos, Sara, 2009.
"Minimum wage effects in a developing country,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 224-237, April.
- Rama, Martin, 1996.
"The consequences of doubling the minimum wage : the case of Indonesia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1643, The World Bank.
- Martφn Rama, 2001. "The Consequences of doubling the minimum wage: The case of Indonesia," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 864-881, July.
- James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor, 1991.
"The Consequences of Minimum Wage Laws: Some New Theoretical Ideas,"
NBER Working Papers
3877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebitzer, James B. & Taylor, Lowell J., 1995. "The consequences of minimum wage laws Some new theoretical ideas," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 245-255, February.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research,"
NBER Working Papers
12663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research," Working Papers 060708, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Maria Enchautegui & Richard B. Freeman, 2005. "Why Don't More Puerto Rican Men Work? The Rich Uncle (Sam) Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 11751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T.H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2004.
"Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2004-647, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- T. H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2004. "Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 04-102, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2004. "Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica," IZA Discussion Papers 1018, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Freeman, Richard B., 2010. "Labor Regulations, Unions, and Social Protection in Developing Countries," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.