Mortgage Broker Regulations That Matter: Analyzing Earnings, Employment, and Outcomes for Consumers
In: Studies of Labor Market Intermediation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 3589.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1998. "The Effect of State Policies on the Location of Manufacturing: Evidence from State Borders," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 667-705, August.
- Kleiner, Morris M & Kudrle, Robert T, 2000. "Does Regulation Affect Economic Outcomes? The Case of Dentistry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 547-82, October.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2008.
"The Prevalence and Effects of Occupational Licensing,"
NBER Working Papers
14308, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kleiner, Morris M. & Krueger, Alan B., 2008. "The Prevalence and Effects of Occupational Licensing," IZA Discussion Papers 3675, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kristopher Gerardi & Harvey S. Rosen & Paul Willen, 2006.
"Do households benefit from financial deregulation and innovation?: the case of the mortgage market,"
Public Policy Discussion Paper
06-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Harvey S. Rosen & Paul Willen, 2007. "Do Households Benefit from Financial Deregulation and Innovation? The Case of the Mortgage Market," NBER Working Papers 12967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kandel, E. & Lazear, E.P., 1990.
"Peer Pressure and Partnerships,"
90-07, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Li, Yiting, 1998. "Middlemen and private information," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 131-159, June.
- William P. Alexander & Scott D. Grimshaw & Grant R. McQueen & Barrett A. Slade, 2002. "Some Loans Are More Equal than Others: Third-Party Originations and Defaults in the Subprime Mortgage Industry," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 667-697.
- Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Investment, Moral Hazard, and Occupational Licensing," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 843-62, October.
- Bostic, Raphael W. & Engel, Kathleen C. & McCoy, Patricia A. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony & Wachter, Susan M., 2008. "State and local anti-predatory lending laws: The effect of legal enforcement mechanisms," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 47-66.
- Alan B. Krueger & Morris M. Kleiner, 2008. "The Prevalence and Effects of Occupational Licensing," Working Papers 1092, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Walter Garcia-Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 2000.
"Entry restrictions and the determination of quality,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 105-127.
- Walter Garcia Fontes & Hugo Hopenhayn, 1992. "Entry restrictions and the determination of quality," Economics Working Papers 10, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Law, Marc T. & Kim, Sukkoo, 2005.
"Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 723-756, September.
- Marc T. Law & Sukkoo Kim, 2004. "Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation," NBER Working Papers 10467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William P. Rogerson, 1983. "Reputation and Product Quality," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 508-516, Autumn.
- repec:pri:cepsud:61 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pri:cepsud:1092 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shepard, Lawrence, 1978. "Licensing Restrictions and the Cost of Dental Care," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 187-201, April.
- repec:pri:indrel:1069 is not listed on IDEAS
- David H. Autor, 2003. "Outsourcing at Will: The Contribution of Unjust Dismissal Doctrine to the Growth of Employment Outsourcing," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Yavas, Abdullah, 1994. "Middlemen in Bilateral Search Markets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 406-29, July.
- Francisca Richter, 2008. "An analysis of foreclosure rate differentials in soft markets," Working Paper 0811, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Michael LaCour-Little, 2009. "The Pricing of Mortgages by Brokers: An Agency Problem?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(2), pages 235-264.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.