Means of Payment in Takeovers: Results for the United Kingdom and the United States
In: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 2058.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Higson, Chris & Elliott, Jamie, 1998. "Post-takeover returns: The UK evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-46, January.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok, 2008. "How Does the Market for Corporate Control Function for Property Companies?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 141-163, February.
- Lee Siew Peng & Mansor Isa, 2012. "Long-term share performance of Malaysian acquiring firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(10), pages 958-976, October.
- Poterba, J.M., 1989.
"Dividends, Capital Gains And The Corporate Veil: Evidence From Britain, Canada And The United States,"
3, John Deutsch Institute for the Study of Economic Policy.
- James M. Poterba, 1991. "Dividends, Capital Gains, and the Corporate Veil: Evidence from Britain, Canada, and the United States," NBER Chapters, in: National Saving and Economic Performance, pages 49-74 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba, 1992. "Dividends, Capital Gains, and the Corporate Veil: Evidence from Britain, Canada, and the United States," NBER Working Papers 2975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir Desai & William M. Gentry, 2003.
"The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains,"
NBER Working Papers
10153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir A. Desai & William M. Gentry, 2004. "The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 18, pages 1-36 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir A. Desai & William M. Gentry, 2003. "The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Asquith, Paul, 1948- & Bruner, Robert F., 1949- & Mullins, David W., 1990. "Merger returns and the form of financing," Working papers 3203-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Linn, Scott C. & Switzer, Jeannette A., 2001. "Are cash acquisitions associated with better postcombination operating performance than stock acquisitions?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1113-1138, June.
- Biswas, Rita & Fraser, Donald R. & Mahajan, Arvind, 1997. "The international market for corporate control: Evidence from acquisitions of financial firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-54.
- Charalambos Th. Constantinou & Costas Th. Constantinou, 2003. "The Effect of Board Structure on Bidder-Shareholders' Wealth: Further Evidence from the UK Bidding Firms," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp261, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Kuipers, David R. & Miller, Darius P. & Patel, Ajay, 2009. "The legal environment and corporate valuation: Evidence from cross-border takeovers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 552-567, October.
- Ana I. Fernández & Silvia Gómez-Ansón, 1999. "Un estudio de las Ofertas Públicas de Adquisición en el mercado de valores español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(3), pages 471-495, September.
- Kobeissi, Nada & Sun, Xian & Wang, Haizhi, 2010. "Managerial labor-market discipline and the characteristics of merger and acquisition transactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 721-728, July.
- Gao, Ning, 2011. "The adverse selection effect of corporate cash reserve: Evidence from acquisitions solely financed by stock," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 789-808, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.