The Simultaneous Eﬀects of Obesity, Insurance Choice, and Medical Visit Choice on Healthcare Costs
In: Measuring and Modeling Health Care Costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 13118.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ralph Bradley, 2005. "A Semi-Parametric Model for Asymmetric Information in Health Plan Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 812-822, October.
- Davide Dragone & Luca Savorelli, 2010.
"Thinness and Obesity: A Model of Food Consumption, Health Concerns, and Social Pressure,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
017, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dragone, Davide & Savorelli, Luca, 2012. "Thinness and obesity: A model of food consumption, health concerns, and social pressure," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 243-256.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010.
"The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012. "The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Neeraj Sood, 2005. "Health Insurance and the Obesity Externality," NBER Working Papers 11529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2010.
"Understanding Overeating and Obesity,"
NBER Working Papers
16149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Neeraj Sood, 2011. "Who Pays for Obesity?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 139-58, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.