Free Flows, Limited Diversification: Openness and the Fall and Rise of Stock Market Correlations, 1890-2001
In: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2009
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 11903.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Dennis Quinn & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2010. "Free Flows, Limited Diversification: Openness and the Fall and Rise of Stock Market Correlations, 1890-2001," NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 7 - 39.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vadym Volosovych, 2005. "Financial Market Integration Over the Long Run: Is there a U-shape?," Working Papers 05001, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University, revised Feb 2007.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Murshid, Antu Panini, 2006.
"Globalization and changing patterns in the international transmission of shocks in financial markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 655-674, June.
- Michael D. Bordo & Antu Panini Murshid, 2002. "Globalization and Changing Patterns in the International Transmission of Shocks in Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 9019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brooks, Robin & Del Negro, Marco, 2004.
"The rise in comovement across national stock markets: market integration or IT bubble?,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 659-680, December.
- Robin Brooks & Marco Del Negro, 2002. "The rise in comovement across national stock markets: market integration or IT bubble?," Working Paper 2002-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad & Stephan Siegel, 2004.
"Global Growth Opportunities and Market Integration,"
NBER Working Papers
10990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad & Stephan Siegel, 2007. "Global Growth Opportunities and Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1081-1137, 06.
- Paolo Mauro, 2000.
"Emerging Market Spreads: Then Versus Now,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2001-FE-03, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Mauro & Yishay Yafeh & Nathan Sussman, 2001. "Emerging Market Spreads: Then Versus Now," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe03, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Yishay Yafeh & Paolo Mauro & Nathan Sussman, 2000. "Emerging Market Spreads: Then Versus Now," IMF Working Papers 00/190, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Schwarz, 2007. "Does capital mobility reduce the corporate-labor tax ratio?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 363-380, March.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pericoli, Marcello & Sbracia, Massimo, 2005.
"'Some contagion, some interdependence': More pitfalls in tests of financial contagion,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1177-1199, December.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pericoli, Marcello & Sbracia, Massimo, 2002. "Some Contagion, Some Interdependence: More Pitfalls in Tests of Financial Contagion," CEPR Discussion Papers 3310, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Dickinson, 2000. "Stock market integration and macroeconomic fundamentals: an empirical analysis, 1980-95," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 261-276.
- Hanno Lustig & Adrien Verdelhan, 2004. "The Cross-Section of Foreign Currency Risk Premia and US Consumption Growth Risk," 2004 Meeting Papers 136c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James H. Stock & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Testing for Weak Instruments in Linear IV Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose & Marco E. Terrones, 2011.
"Financial Cycles: What? How? When?,"
NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 303 - 344.
- Marco Terrones & M. Ayhan Kose & Stijn Claessens, 2011. "Financial Cycles: What? How? When?," IMF Working Papers 11/76, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan & Terrones, Marco E, 2011. "Financial Cycles: What? How? When?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8379, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.