Assessing São Paulo's Large Drop in Homicides: The Role of Demography and Policy Interventions
In: The Economics of Crime: Lessons for and from Latin America
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 11841.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ciro Biderman & João Manoel Pinho de Mello & Alexandre A Schneider, 2006.
"Dry law and homicides: evidence from the São Paulo metropolitan area,"
Textos para discussão
518, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil), revised Oct 2008.
- Ciro Biderman & Joï¿½oMP DeMello & Alexandre Schneider, 2010. "Dry Laws and Homicides: Evidence from the Sï¿½o Paulo Metropolitan Area," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(543), pages 157-182, 03.
- John J. Donohue & Steven D. Levitt, 1999. "Legalized Abortion and Crime," JCPR Working Papers 104, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- João M P De Mello, 2010. "Assessing the crack hypothesis using data from a crime wave: the case of São Paulo," Textos para discussão 586, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- João Manoel Pinho de Mello, 2010. "Reassessing the Demography Hypothesis: the Great Brazilian Crime Shift," Textos para discussão 579, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Daniel Cerqueira & João Manoel Pinho de Mello, 2013. "Evaluating a National Anti-Firearm Law and Estimating the Causal Effect of Guns on Crime," Textos para discussão 607, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.