The Value-Added Tax: A General Equilibrium Look at Its Efficiency and Incidence
In: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 11357.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Charles Ballard & John Karl Scholz & John B. Shoven, 1987. "The Value-added Tax: A General Equilibrium Look at Its Efficiency and Incidence," NBER Chapters, in: Taxes and Capital Formation, pages 105-108 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomáš Buus & Jaroslav BRADA, 2010. "VAT and Tax Credits: A Way to Eliminate Tax-Evasive Use of Transfer Prices?," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(1), pages 28-50.
- Toh, Mun-Heng & Lin, Qian, 2005. "An evaluation of the 1994 tax reform in China using a general equilibrium model," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 246-270.
- Tomáš Buus, 2012. "Taxes on income vs. value added tax in small open economy," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(1), pages 58-80.
- James Giesecke & Nhi Hoang Tran, 2009.
"Modelling Value-Added Tax in the Presence of Multiproduction and Differentiated Exemptions,"
Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers
g-182, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Giesecke, James A. & Nhi, Tran Hoang, 2010. "Modelling value-added tax in the presence of multi-production and differentiated exemptions," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 156-173, April.
- Giesecke, James A. & Tran, Nhi Hoang, 2009. "Modelling value-added tax in the presence of multiproduction and differentiated exemptions," MPRA Paper 13914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Newbery, David M., 1997. "Optimal tax rates and tax design during systemic reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 177-206, January.
- Lawrence H. Goulder, 1992. "Do the Costs of a Carbon Tax Vanish When Interactions With Other Taxes are Accounted For?," NBER Working Papers 4061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Institute for Fiscal Studies, 2011. "A retrospective evaluation of elements of the EU VAT system," Taxation Studies 0039, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.