Theorie optimaler Währungsräume vor dem Hintergrund der EU-Erweiterung
In: List Forum Band 32
AbstractThe first step towards integration of the ten new member countries of the European Union was their accession. The second step will be their intregration into the European Monetary Union. Here, they have to give up their own monetary policy in favour of complying with the monetary policy of the European Central Bank. The exchange rate as a shock absorber is not available anymore. The expected costs of the accession to a monetary union are typically derived by optimum currency area theory. According to optimum currency area theory one can divide the new member countries into two groups. For the first group - Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Cyprus and Malta - the accession costs are lower than for the second group - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Slovakia. So the accession of the second group should be postponed until a stronger economic adjustment toward the European Monetary Union is reached.(Original text only available in german language)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by List Gesellschaft e.V. in its series List Forum Chapter with number 32-12.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Am Stadtgraben 9, D - 48143 Münster
Phone: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 29 04
Fax: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 83 95
Web page: http://www.list-gesellschaft.de
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Peters, Heiko, 2006. "Theorie optimaler Währungsräume vor dem Hintergrund der EU-Erweiterung," IÃB-Diskussionspapiere 4/06, University of Münster, Institute for Economic Education.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lenk, Thomas & Lück, Oliver, 2011. "Auswirkungen der Eurokrise auf Sachsen und allgemeine Implikationen der Krise," Arbeitspapiere des Lehrstuhls Finanzwissenschaft 43, University of Leipzig, Institute of Public Finance and Public Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lukas Wnuk Lipinski) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Lukas Wnuk Lipinski to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.