Wettbewerb ohne Risikoselektion auf dem deutschen Krankenversicherungsmarkt
In: List Forum Band 30
AbstractRisk Selection is an issue in social health insurance in Germany as well as in private health insurance markets with long-term contracts. The inducement to primariliy select healthier insurants (cream skimming) is high. For community-rated systems there are attempts to install a morbidity-oriented risk-adjustment scheme. In private insurance markets risk-adjusted transferable ageing provisions should avoid risk selection. We claim that it is not possible to completely specify a morbidity-related risk adjustment scheme. Risk Selection cannot be prevented entirely. Furthermore, there are no inducements for insurance to strenghen prevention because expenses can be collectivized by way of the of risk-adjustment scheme. It is possible to solve both issues by combining equivalent premiums with transferable risk-adjusted ageing provisions, without jeopardizing affordable insurance premiums for insurants with higer risks. (Original text only available in german language)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by List Gesellschaft e.V. in its series List Forum Chapter with number 30-01.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Am Stadtgraben 9, D - 48143 Münster
Phone: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 29 04
Fax: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 83 95
Web page: http://www.list-gesellschaft.de
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susanna Kochskämper, 2012. "Reformdebatten in der Krankenversicherung vor dem Hintergrund des europäischen Binnenmarktes," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 02/2012, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Markus Jankowski & Anne Zimmermann, 2004. "Versicherungspflichtige Leistungen in einer obligatorischen Krankenversicherung," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 01/2004, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lukas Wnuk Lipinski) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Lukas Wnuk Lipinski to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.