The chainsaw supply chain in cameroon: the northern trail
In: Chainsaw milling: supplier to local markets. Wit, Marieke and Jinke van Dam (eds.). (2010). Tropenbos international, wageningen, the netherlands. xxii + 226 pp. ISBN 978-90-5113-094-2
AbstractCameroon has the largest forest area in africa. industrial logging operations export timber products to Europe, america and asia, and informal chainsaw milling (Csm) operations supply the domestic market and many other african countries. The Ònorthern trailÓ is an informal supply chain that supplies northern Cameroon and other african markets as far as nigeria, niger, Chad, sudan, Egypt, libya and algeria. This supply chain is organized by ethnic business networks, and represents more than 40,000 m3/year of chainsawn timber, with a cash flow of more than 6 billion FCFa/year.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: Langbour, Patrick & Roda, Jean-Marc & Koffi, Yeboah Alexis Chainsaw milling: supplier to local markets. Wit, Marieke and Jinke van Dam (eds.). (2010). Tropenbos international, wageningen, the netherlands. xxii + 226 pp. ISBN 978-90-5113-094-2, , chapter 4.2, pages 129-137, 2010.
This item is provided by CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40 in its series Selected Book Chapters with number 4.
ethnic business; informal trade; timber; forest; tropical; chain saw; economics; flegt; Cameroun; RCA; Tchad; Egypt; Tunisia; Lybia; Mauritania; Mali; Europe; EU; Sahel; Africa;
Other versions of this item:
- Yeboah Alexis Koffi, 2005. "Sciage artisanal, transformation et commerce du bois d'oeuvre du Cameroun à destination de l'arc Soudano-Sahélien," Selected dissertations 2, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40, revised Jun 2005.
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JM Roda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.