Antitrust Policy toward Horizontal Mergers
AbstractRecently there has been a notable increase in interest in antitrust law in much of the world. This chapter discusses antitrust policy toward horizontal mergers, the area of antitrust that has seen some of the most dramatic improvements in both economic tools and the application of economics in enforcement practice. The chapter discusses theoretical considerations, merger laws and enforcement practices, econometric methods for analyzing prospective horizontal mergers, and evidence concerning the ex post effects of actual horizontal mergers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Industrial Organization with number 3-36.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas, 2009. "On efficiency, concentration and welfare," CORE Discussion Papers 2009040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joel David, 2012. "The Aggregate Implications of Mergers and Acquisitions," 2012 Meeting Papers 1178, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Coublucq, Daniel, 2013. "Demand estimation with selection bias: A dynamic game approach with an application to the US railroad industry," DICE Discussion Papers 94, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Vajjhala, Shalini P. & Mische John, Anna & Evans, David A., 2008.
"Determining the Extent of Market and Extent of Resource for Stated Preference Survey Design Using Mapping Methods,"
dp-08-14, Resources For the Future.
- Shalini P. Vajjhala & Anna Mische John & David A. Evans, 2008. "Determining the Extent of Market and Extent of Resource for Stated Preference Survey Design Using Mapping Methods," NCEE Working Paper Series 200809, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Oct 2008.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2013. "Airline networks, mergers, and consumer welfare," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-028, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Theodosios Dimopoulos & Stefano Sacchetto, . "Merger Activity in Industry Equilibrium," GSIA Working Papers 2012-E47, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2012. "Market power, efficiencies, and entry: Evidence from an airline merger," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-070, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.