Aspects of modelling nonlinear time series
In: Handbook of Econometrics
AbstractThis paper surveys some of the recent developments in nonlinear analysis of economic time series. The emphasis lies on stochastic models. Various classes of nonlinear models appearing in the economics and time series literature are presented and discussed. Linearity testing and estimation of nonlinear models, both parametric and nonparametric, are considered as well as post-estimation model evaluation. Data-based nonlinear model building is illustrated with an empirical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Econometrics with number 4-48.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Woocheol Kim & Oliver Linton, 2003.
"A local instrumental variable estimation method for generalized additive volatility models,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2028, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Woocheol Kim & Oliver Linton, 2004. "A local instrumental variable estimation method for generalized additive volatility models," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24758, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Woocheol Kim & Oliver Linton, 2003. "A Local Instrumental Variable Estimation Method for Generalized Additive Volatility Models," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/456, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Woocheol Kim & Oliver Linton, 2004. "A Local Instrumental Variable Estimation Method For Generalized Additive Volatility Models," FMG Discussion Papers dp509, Financial Markets Group.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1998. "A Comparison of Linear and Nonlinear Univariate Models for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 6607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian Pagan & Hashem Pesaran, 2007. "Econometric Analysis of Structural Systems with Permanent and Transitory Shocks. Working paper #7," NCER Working Paper Series 7, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Giorgio Busetti & Matteo Manera, 2003. "STAR-GARCH Models for Stock Market Interactions in the Pacific Basin Region, Japan and US," Working Papers 2003.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.