Estimation and inference for dependent processes
In: Handbook of Econometrics
AbstractThis chapter provides an overview of asymptotic results available for parametric estimators in dynamic models. Three cases are treated: stationary (or essentially stationary) weakly dependent data, weakly dependent data containing deterministic trends, and nonergodic data (or data with stochastic trends). Estimation of asymptotic covariance matrices and computation of the major test statistics are covered. Examples include multivariate least squares estimation of a dynamic conditional mean, quasi-maximum likelihood estimation of a jointly parameterized conditional mean and conditional variance, and generalized method of moments estimation of orthogonality conditions. Some results for linear models with integrated variables are provided, as are some abstract limiting distribution results for nonlinear models with trending data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Econometrics with number 4-45.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pastorello, Sergio & Patilea, Valentin & Renault, Eric, 2003.
"Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Nonadaptive Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 449-82, October.
- Sergio Pastorello & Valentin Patilea & Éric Renault, 2003. "Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Non-Adaptive Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-08, CIRANO.
- Javier Hualde & Peter Robinson, .
"Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration,"
Faculty Working Papers
07/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Javier Hualde & Peter M Robinson, 2006. "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2006/502, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sainan Jin & Ling Hu, 2005.
"Nonstationary Discrete Choice: A Corrigendum and Addendum,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1516, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Jin, Sainan & Hu, Ling, 2007. "Nonstationary discrete choice: A corrigendum and addendum," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1115-1130, December.
- Benedikt M. Pötscher & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "Basic Elements of Asymptotic Theory," Electronic Working Papers 99-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Ioannis Kasparis, 2008. "Functional Form Misspecification in Regressions with a Unit Root," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 2-2008, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Terasvirta, T. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000.
"Smooth transition autoregressive models - A survey of recent developments,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2000-23/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Dick van Dijk & Timo Terasvirta & Philip Hans Franses, 2002. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models — A Survey Of Recent Developments," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-47.
- van Dijk, Dick & Teräsvirta, Timo & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models - A Survey of Recent Developments," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 380, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2001.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.