Estimation and inference for dependent processes
In: Handbook of Econometrics
AbstractThis chapter provides an overview of asymptotic results available for parametric estimators in dynamic models. Three cases are treated: stationary (or essentially stationary) weakly dependent data, weakly dependent data containing deterministic trends, and nonergodic data (or data with stochastic trends). Estimation of asymptotic covariance matrices and computation of the major test statistics are covered. Examples include multivariate least squares estimation of a dynamic conditional mean, quasi-maximum likelihood estimation of a jointly parameterized conditional mean and conditional variance, and generalized method of moments estimation of orthogonality conditions. Some results for linear models with integrated variables are provided, as are some abstract limiting distribution results for nonlinear models with trending data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Econometrics with number 4-45.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Jin, Sainan & Hu, Ling, 2007.
"Nonstationary discrete choice: A corrigendum and addendum,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1115-1130, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sainan Jin & Ling Hu, 2005. "Nonstationary Discrete Choice: A Corrigendum and Addendum," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1516, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Javier Hualde & Peter M Robinson, 2006.
"Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2006/502, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Javier Hualde & Peter Robinson, . "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration," Faculty Working Papers 07/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Sergio Pastorello & Valentin Patilea & Éric Renault, 2003.
"Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Non-Adaptive Models,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Pastorello, Sergio & Patilea, Valentin & Renault, Eric, 2003. "Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Nonadaptive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 449-82, October.
- Dick van Dijk & Timo Terasvirta & Philip Hans Franses, 2002.
"Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models — A Survey Of Recent Developments,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-47.
- van Dijk, Dick & Teräsvirta, Timo & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models - A Survey of Recent Developments," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 380, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2001.
- Dijk, D.J.C. van & Terasvirta, T. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "Smooth transition autoregressive models - A survey of recent developments," Econometric Institute Report EI 2000-23/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Ioannis Kasparis, 2008. "Functional Form Misspecification in Regressions with a Unit Root," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 2-2008, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Benedikt M. Pötscher & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "Basic Elements of Asymptotic Theory," Electronic Working Papers 99-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.