Capital Controls in Chile: Were They Effective?
In: Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.) Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, , chapter 12, pages 361-412, 2002.
This item is provided by Central Bank of Chile in its series Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series with number v03c12pp361-412.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herrera, Luis Oscar & Valdes, Rodrigo O., 2001. "The effect of capital controls on interest rate differentials," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 385-398, April.
- Salvador ValdÃ©s-Prieto & Marcelo Soto, 1998. "The Effectiveness of Capital Controls: Theory and Evidence from Chile," Empirica, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 133-164, January.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Jose De Gregorio & Sebastian Edwards & Rodrigo O. Valdes, 2000.
"Controls on Capital Inflows: Do they Work?,"
NBER Working Papers
7645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felipe G. Morandé & Matías Tapia, 2002.
"Exchange Rate Policy in Chile: From the Band to Floating and Beyond,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
152, Central Bank of Chile.
- Felipe Morandé & Matías Tapia, 2002. "Exchange Rate Policy in Chile: From the Band to Floating and Beyond," Working Papers wp192, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Guillermo Yañez & Mariel Siravegna & Guillermo Larrain, 2009. "Intégration aux marchés financiers internationaux et lissage de la consommation : observations récentes en Amérique latine," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 95(2), pages 87-108.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2011.
"A Solution to Overoptimistic Forecasts and Fiscal Procyclicality: The Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile,"
Working Paper Series
11-012, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2011. "A Solution to Overoptimistic Forecasts and Fiscal Procyclicality: The Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile," Scholarly Articles 4723209, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- 300, 2004. "Persistence and the Role of Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Inertia in Monetary Policy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 300, Central Bank of Chile.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Rigobon, Roberto, 2009. "Capital controls on inflows, exchange rate volatility and external vulnerability," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 256-267, July.
- David, Antonio C., 2007.
"Are price-based capital account regulations effective in developing countries ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4175, The World Bank.
- Antonio David, 2009. "Are price-based capital account regulations effective in developing countries?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(26), pages 3375-3388.
- Jorge Selaive & Beatriz Velásquez & José Miguel Villena, 2008. "Extended Measures of Capital Transactions," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 461, Central Bank of Chile.
- Taro Esaka & Shinji Takagi, 2012. "Testing the Effectiveness of Market-Based Controls: Evidence from the Experience of Japan with Short-Term Capital Flows in the 1970s," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 12-03, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- David, Antonio C., 2007. "Controls on capital inflows and external shocks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4176, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.