Intervention: what are the domestic consequences?
In: Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Bank for International Settlements in its series BIS Papers chapters with number 24-05.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993.
"“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," IMF Working Papers 92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2000.
"International Liquidity Management: Sterilization Policy in Illiquid Financial Markets,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1700, Econometric Society.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2000. "International Liquidity Management: Sterilization Policy in Illiquid Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 7740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, C.M. & Dunaway, S., 1996.
"Dealing with Capital Inflows. Are There Any Lessons?,"
28, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Dunnaway, Steve, 1996. "Dealing with capital inflows: Are there any lessons?," MPRA Paper 13764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M S Mohanty & Michela Scatigna, 2005. "Has globalisation reduced monetary policy independence?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Globalisation and monetary policy in emerging markets, volume 23, pages 17-58 Bank for International Settlements.
- Holub, Tomáš, 2004.
"Foreign exchange interventions under inflation targeting: the Czech Experience,"
17, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Adam Gersl & Tomás Holub, 2006. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 475-491, October.
- Tomas Holub, 2004. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Research and Policy Notes 2004/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Kouri, Pentti J K & Porter, Michael G, 1974. "International Capital Flows and Portfolio Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 443-67, May/June.
- Argy, V. E. & Murray, G. L., 1985. "Effects of sterilising a balance of payments surplus on domestic yields--A formal analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 223-236, June.
- Robert N McCauley, 2003. "Unifying government bond markets in East Asia," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011.
"Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
23214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rajan, Ramkishen, 2011. "Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia," ADBI Working Papers 322, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011. "Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia," Governance Working Papers 23214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Alice Y. Ouyang & Ramkishen S. Rajan & Thomas D. Willett, 2007.
"China as a Reserve Sink: The Evidence from Offset and Sterilization Coefficients,"
102007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Ouyang, Alice Y. & Rajan, Ramkishen S. & Willett, Thomas D., 2010. "China as a reserve sink: The evidence from offset and sterilization coefficients," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 951-972, September.
- Jurgen Von Hagen & Iulia Siedschlag, 2008. "Managing Capital Flows: Experiences from Central and Eastern Europe," Papers WP234, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Dubravko Mihaljek, 2008. "The financial stability implications of increased capital flows for emerging market economies," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial globalisation and emerging market capital flows, volume 44, pages 11-44 Bank for International Settlements.
- Enrique Alberola & José María Serena, 2007. "Global financial integration, monetary policy and reserve accumulation. Assessing the limits in emerging economies," Banco de EspaÃÂ±a Working Papers 0706, Banco de EspaÃ±a.
- M S Mohanty & Philip Turner, 2006. "Foreign exchange reserve accumulation in emerging markets: what are the domestic implications?," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Daniela Gabor, 2011. "Paradigm shift? A critique of the IMF’s new approach to capital controls," Discussion Papers 1109, University of the West of England, Department of Economics.
- Khemraj, Tarron & Pasha, Sukrishnalall, 2011. "Monetary sterilization and dual nominal anchors: some Caribbean examples," MPRA Paper 34503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.