Code files for "Revisiting the Welfare Effects of Eliminating Business Cycles"
AbstractFortran codes to replicate results in the article. The programs are divided into two folders. One contains the two-employment-state case, and the other contains the three-employment-state case. Each contains a subfolder for the benchmark economy with fluctuations and a subfolder for one transition experiment: starting from (k=11.2 & z=b) for the two-state case and (k=11.3 & z=b) for the three-state case. The input files for the experiments are also contained. We include only one transition experiment to reduce the file size---the codes for all the other experiments are almost identical.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoSoftware component provided by Review of Economic Dynamics in its series Computer Codes with number 08-211.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Note: We would like to acknowledge that some routines are taken from the Numerical Recipes for Fortran 77 and some routines are given to us from Sun-Bin Kim (and possibly modified by us). All errors are ours.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Review of Economic Dynamics Academic Press Editorial Office 525 "B" Street, Suite 1900 San Diego, CA 92101
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/review.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Aysegul Sahin & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., 2009. "Revisiting the Welfare Effects of Eliminating Business Cycles," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(3), pages 393-402, July.
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.