Code and data files for "The Federal Student Loan Program: Quantitative Implications for College Enrollment and Default Rates"
AbstractThere are 21 codes to solve the model and deliver the results in the paper. They are grouped in 4 categories: 1) 4 codes that deliver the main results in the paper and the distribution of initial characteristics. Note that this is the last step in the algorithm. 2) 3 codes that are used to solve for the no college path, which in the end deliver the earnings profiles for the no college group to be used in the codes in part 1. 3) 11 codes that are used to solve for the college path, which deliver the earnings profiles for the college group to be used in the codes in part 1. 4) 3 auxiliary codes used in simulations. In addition, there are 3 files with earnings statistics from data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoSoftware component provided by Review of Economic Dynamics in its series Computer Codes with number 07-196.
Programming language: Matlab
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Review of Economic Dynamics Academic Press Editorial Office 525 "B" Street, Suite 1900 San Diego, CA 92101
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/review.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Felicia Ionescu, 2009. "The Federal Student Loan Program: Quantitative Implications for College Enrollment and Default Rates," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(1), pages 205-231, January.
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.