Mexican microsimulation model
AbstractThis microsimulation model of the tax-benefit system in Mexico is the companion to the following paper (which has to be cited when using the model): Carlos Absalón and Carlos M. Urzúa (2012), “Distributive effects of the 2010 tax reform in Mexico: a microsimulation analysis”, in Carlos M. Urzúa (ed.), Fiscal Inclusive Development: Microsimulation Models for Latin America, Mexico City: ITESM-IDRC-UNDP, pp. 101-120. The program is free software and it is written using Excel. It can be modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License. The program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful to modelers, but without any warranty whatsoever.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoSoftware component provided by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México in its series EGAP Computer Code with number 2011-05.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
Microsimulation model; tax-benefit system; Mexico;
Other versions of this item:
- Absalón, Carlos & Urzúa, Carlos M., 2012. "Distributive effects of the 2010 tax reform in Mexico: A microsimulation analysis," EGAP Chapters, in: Fiscal Inclusive Development: Microsimulation Models for Latin America Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amaranta Arroyo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.