GAUSS code for Backus-Kehoe-Kydland
AbstractThe following files includes the programmes for solving the BKK 1994 (AER) model of multiple goods. The model is simplified in such a way that capital adjustment costs (time to build) are excluded. The programmes solve the model using the Ricatti Equation method and precision is enhanced by using a log transformation. The documentation is a bit scarce but the notation should be obvious. The programmes can be used also for reproducing the results in Ravn, Journal of International Money and Finance, 1997. The programmes are: 1) lbkk.dyn - solves for the optimal decision rules 2) lbkk.imp - computes impulse response functions 3) lbkk.sim - simulates the model and computes business cycle statistics
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoSoftware component provided by Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles in its series QM&RBC Codes with number 106.
Programming language: GAUSS
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J & Kydland, Finn E, 1994. "Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade: The J-Curve?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 84-103, March.
- Canadian Macro Study Group
- Top 1 items by number of citations weighted by simple impact factors
- Top 1 items by number of citations weighted by recursive impact factors
- Top 1 items by number of citations weighted by simple impact factors and discounted by age
- Top 1 items by number of citations weighted by recursive impact factors and discounted by age
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.