Perspectives on institutional change - water management in Europe
AbstractCONTENTS: Mapping institutional change... 3, Insa Theesfeld, Frauke Pirscher; Affordability as an institutional obstacle to water-related price reforms... 9, Erik Gawel, Wolfgang Bretschneider; Analysing the shortcomings of the Ukrainian urban waste water sector - Institutional options for modernisation ... 35, Herwig Unnerstall, Nina Hagemann; Gemeinschaftsgüter und Gemeinwohl - Theoretischer Erkenntnisgehalt und praktische Relevanz für die Regionalentwicklung am Beispiel von Wasserinfrastrukturen und Kulturlandschaften ... 55, Andreas Röhring, Timothy Moss, Ludger Gailing, Rita Gudermann; Explaining top-down institutional design: The introduction of River Basin Management in Portugal... 85, Andreas Thiel, Catrin Egerton; Decentralization failures in post-socialist fishery management ... 107, Insa Theesfeld, Oscar Schmidt --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO) in its series Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe with number 109519 and published in 2011.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Theodor-Lieser-Strasse 2, 06120 Halle(Saale)
Phone: (+49) (0) 345 / 29 28 0
Fax: (+49) (0) 345 / 29 28 199
Web page: http://www.iamo.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J-P. Platteau & A. Abraham, 2002. "Participatory Development in the Presence of Endogenous Community Imperfections," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 104-136.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok, 2002.
"What Affects Organization and Collective Action for Managing Resources? Evidence from Canal Irrigation Systems in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 649-666, April.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok, 2000. "What affects organization and collective action for managing resources?: evidence from canal irrigation systems in India," EPTD discussion papers 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic, 2003. "The Risk of Resource Misappropriation in Community-Driven Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1687-1703, October.
- Dayton-Johnson, Jeff & Bardhan, Pranab, 1996.
"Inequality and Conservation on the Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt7f9913w9, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson & Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Inequality And Conservation On The Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(481), pages 577-602, July.
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson and Pranab Bardhan., 1996. "Inequality and Conservation on the Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C96-071, University of California at Berkeley.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004.
"Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3209, The World Bank.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004. "Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Blomquist, William & Dinar, Ariel & Kemper, Karin, 2005. "Comparison of institutional arrangements for river basin management in eight basins," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3636, The World Bank.
- Savoia, Antonio & Easaw, Joshy & McKay, Andrew, 2010. "Inequality, Democracy, and Institutions: A Critical Review of Recent Research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 142-154, February.
- Iraj Hashi & Lindita Xhillari, 1999.
"Privatisation and Transition in Albania,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 99-125.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Decentralization of Governance and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 185-205, Fall.
- Riedl, Arno & Exelle, Ben D, 2008.
"Elite Capture, Political Voice and Exclusion from Aid: An Experimental Study,"
024, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- D'Exelle, Ben & Riedl, Arno, 2008. "Elite Capture, Political Voice and Exclusion from Aid: An Experimental Study," IZA Discussion Papers 3673, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ben D'Exelle & Arno Riedl, 2008. "Elite Capture, Political Voice and Exclusion from Aid: An Experimental Study," CESifo Working Paper Series 2400, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Schleyer, 2009. "Revalorisation of property objects and collective action: the case of reclamation systems in northwest Poland," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 74-89, January.
- Johannes Stahl & Thomas Sikor & Stefan Dorondel, 2009. "The institutionalisation of property rights in Albanian and Romanian biodiversity conservation," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 57-73, January.
- Knox, Anna & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela, 2000. "Collective action, property rights, and devolution of natural resource management: exchange of knowledge and implications for policy," CAPRi working papers 11, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Baland, J.M. & Platteau, J.P., 1994. "Does Hiterogeneity Hinder Collective Action," Papers 146, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Chuenpagdee, Ratana & Jentoft, Svein, 2007. "Step zero for fisheries co-management: What precedes implementation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 657-668, November.
- Munro, Gordon R., 2009. "Game theory and the development of resource management policy: the case of international fisheries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 7-27, February.
- Kingston, Christopher & Caballero, Gonzalo, 2009. "Comparing theories of institutional change," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 151-180, August.
- Blair, Harry, 2000. "Participation and Accountability at the Periphery: Democratic Local Governance in Six Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 21-39, January.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Dilip Mookherjee & Kaivan Munshi & Debraj Ray, 2001. "Inequality, Control Rights, and Rent Seeking: Sugar Cooperatives in Maharashtra," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(1), pages 138-190, February.
- Runge, Carlisle Ford, 1986. "Common property and collective action in economic development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 623-635, May.
- Krister Andersson & Elinor Ostrom, 2008. "Analyzing decentralized resource regimes from a polycentric perspective," Policy Sciences, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 71-93, March.
- Wilson, Douglas Clyde & Raakjær, Jesper & Degnbol, Poul, 2006. "Local ecological knowledge and practical fisheries management in the tropics: A policy brief," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 794-801, November.
- Agarwal, Bina, 2001. "Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1623-1648, October.
- Tapan Kumar Nath & Makoto Inoue, 2008. "How does local governance affect project outcomes? Experience from a Participatory Forestry (PF) project in Bangladesh," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(6), pages 491-506, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.