Collaborative Modeling And Decision-Making For Complex Energy Systems
AbstractThis volume provides the fundamentals of involving stakeholders in collaborative modeling of energy systems, including the technical subsystem as well as its economic, social, environmental and political subsystems. It presents a Stakeholder-Assisted Modeling and Policy Design (SAM-PD) framework that can be applied by energy system developers, managers and decisionmakers to involve a wide range of stakeholders in group model-building on a larger scale.By illustrating the capabilities of the SAM-PD framework, the book introduces an actual case study of the Cape Wind Offshore Wind Energy project. This case study details the process by which the author brought together a large number of stakeholders to jointly model the Cape Wind energy system and its broader implications for the regional energy picture and the regional economy and environment. It also offers the most recent in-depth analysis of the Cape Wind project.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Books with number 8025 and published in 2011.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.