China'S Industrial Development In The 21st Century
AbstractThis unique book intends to provide a focused analysis of the main Chinese industrial sectors through case studies, data analysis and review of new state-initiated policies. In response to the global economic crisis in the short run and to cope with the existing structural problems of production in the long run, the Chinese central government has successively released new development outlines for 10 key industries since 2008. In this book, the authors will use key sectors including automobile, steel, shipbuilding, high-speed railway and new energy, to analyze the development of China's industries, along with their challenges and future prospects.The effectiveness of state-oriented policies in rejuvenating these industries will be evaluated. After discussing the background and motivations for the new government-initiated policies, through detailed analysis of these policies, the authors will assess the contribution they have made to industrial development. The authors will also identify and analyze existing and potential challenges to sustainable development of China's industries.How did the industries respond to climate change and the development of a low-carbon economy in China? What measures have been taken by these industries to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission and reduce overall energy consumption? What are the latest developments in China's industrial sector in terms of technological progress and upgrading? What are the potential challenges facing the industrial sector in the post-economic crisis era? This study intends to address these issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Books with number 7942 and published in 2011.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.