THE JAPANESE ECONOMY IN RETROSPECT:Selected Papers by Gary R Saxonhouse(In 2 Volumes)
AbstractGary R Saxonhouse was one of the leading world scholars on Japanese economy. Born in New York City in 1943, he attended Yale University, where he received his PhD in Economics in 1971. He joined the Faculty of Economics at the University of Michigan beginning in 1970, where he taught throughout his career. The selection of his published papers that comprises this two-volume publication is a testimony and tribute to his remarkable accomplishments and influence that were cut short by his untimely death in November 2006, following a battle with leukemia.Volume I contains a selection of his published papers that have been instrumental in enhancing the understanding of Japan's modern economic history, focusing in particular on the Japanese cotton-spinning industry.Volume II features a selection of his published papers that look at how Japan's technology and innovation were key in promoting Japan's economic success; how its economy was shaped by its comparative advantage and related policies; and how its macro-financial policies were implemented in the course of its economic growth after World War II.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Books with number 7256 and published in 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.