Local Governance in Developing Countries
AbstractThis book develops a comparative institutional framework for responsive, responsible, and accountable governance in developing countries. It provides a synthesis of analytical literature on local governance. It traces the historical evolution of local governance and presents a stylized view of alternative models of local governance practiced in various countries. It also presents case studies for 10 countries by leading national and international scholars. The country case studies present an in-depth view of local government organization and finance in each country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 7192 and published in 2006.
Public Sector Economics Urban Development - Municipal Financial Management Public Sector Management and Reform Governance - National Governance Banks and Banking Reform Finance and Financial Sector Development Public Sector Development;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivanyna, Maksym & Shah, Anwar, 2012.
"How close is your government to its people ? worldwide indicators on localization and decentralization,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6138, The World Bank.
- Ivanyna, Maksym & Shah, Anwar, 2013. "How close is your government to its people? Worldwide indicators on localization and decentralization," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-38, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Anwar Shah, 2010. "Empowering States and Provinces or Unshackling Local Governments: Does It Matter for Peace, Order, Good Government, and Growth? (The Gustav Ranis Lecture)," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 333â362.
- Chunli Shen & Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2012.
"Fiscal Decentralization in China: History, Impact, Challenges and Next Steps,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 13(1), pages 1-51, May.
- Chunli Shen & Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2006. "Fiscal Decentralization in China: History, Impact, Challenges and Next Steps," CEMA Working Papers 273, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2009. "Improving Municipal Management for Cities to Succeed : An IEG Special Study," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2655, March.
- World Bank, 2007. "From Social Funds to Local Governance and Social Inclusion Programs," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7775, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.