Unemployment Insurance in the United States: The First Half Century
AbstractBlaustein offers the definitive summary of the U.S. unemployment insurance system. This is the first of a two-volume update of Haber and Murray's "Unemployment Insurance in the American Economy."
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number uius and published in 1993.
ISBN: cloth 9780880991360 paper 9780880991353
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
unemployment insurance; ui; unemployment compensation; experience rating; benefit adequacy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacqueline Mazza, 2000. "Unemployment Insurance: Case Studies and Lessons for Latin America and the Caribbean," Research Department Publications 4192, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stephen A. Woodbury, 2002. "Income Replacement and Reemployment Programs in Michigan and Neighboring States," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-86, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Stephen A. Wandner, 2001.
"Unemployment Compensation and Older Workers,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Jacqueline Mazza, 2000. "Seguro de desempleo: estudios de casos individuales y enseñanzas para América Latina y el Caribe," Research Department Publications 4193, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Michael Huberman & Wayne Lewchuk, 2002.
"European Economic Integration and the Labour Compact, 1850-1913,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Huberman, Michael & Lewchuk, Wayne, 2003. "European economic integration and the labour compact, 1850 1913," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 3-41, April.
- Stephen Woodbury, 2013. "Unemployment Insurance," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 14-208, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Card, David & Levine, Phillip B., 2000.
"Extended benefits and the duration of UI spells: evidence from the New Jersey extended benefit program,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 107-138, October.
- David Card & Phillip B. Levine, 1998. "Extended Benefits and the Duration of UI Spells: Evidence from the New Jersey Extended Benefit Program," NBER Working Papers 6714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Huberman & Chris Minns, 2005. "Hours of Work in Old and New Worlds: The Long View, 1870-2000," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp95, IIIS.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2000.
"Intergovernmental Relations and Employment Policy: The United States Experience,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
00-60, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2004. "Intergovernmental Relations in Employment Policy: The United States Experience," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: Alain Noel (ed.), Federalism and Labour market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, pages 25-82 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Díaz, Antonia & Echevarria, Cristina, 2009. "Why a fixed workweek?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 790-798, October.
- Schömann, Klaus & Flechtner, Stefanie & Mytzek, Ralf & Schömann, Isabelle, 2000. "Moving towards employment insurance: unemployment insurance and employment protection in the OECD," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment FS I 00-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.