The Power of a Promise: Education and Economic Renewall in Kalamazoo
AbstractIn the first comprehensive account of the Kalamazoo Promise, Miller-Adams addresses both the potential and challenges inherent in place-based universal scholarship programs and explains why this unprecedented experiment in education-based economic renewal is being emulated by scores of citites and towns around the nation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number pop and published in 2009.
ISBN: cloth 9780880993401 paper 9780880993395
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
regional economic development; community development; place-based policies; college scholarhips; kalamazoo; promise;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brad J. Hershbein, 2013. "A Second Look at Enrollment Changes after the Kalamazoo Promise," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 13-200, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik & Marta Lachowska, 2012. "The Short-Term Effects of the Kalamazoo Promise Scholarship on Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 12-186, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Michelle Miller-Adams & Bridget Timmeney, 2013. "The Impact of the Kalamazoo Promise on College Choice: An Analysis of Kalamazoo Area Math and Science Center Graduates," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 2013-014, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.