Losing Work, Moving On: International Perspectives on Worker Displacement
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractThis volume presents a collaborative effort by 22 labor economists who examine worker displacement and the attempts to address it in 10 industrialized countries. Using large nationally-representative data sets and detailed policy analysis, the authors focus on two key questions related to worker displacement: 1) whether the experiences of displaced workers in the Untied States, and the patterns of experiences across workers, echo patterns seen in other developed countries, and 2) what can be learned, both from the similarities and from the differences across countries?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number lwmo and published in 2002.
ISBN: cloth 9780880992343
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
worker displacement; displaced workers; dislocated workers; worker dislocation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amynah Vanessa Gangji & Robert Plasman, 2007. "The Matthew effect of unemployment: how does it affect wages in Belgium," DULBEA Working Papers 07-19.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jakob von WeizsÃ¤cker & Etienne Wasmer, 2007. "A better Globalisation Fund," Policy Briefs 36, Bruegel.
- Elsby, Michael & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011.
"The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011. "The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 338-363.
- Elsby, Michael W.L. & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011. "The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 962, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011. "The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp1058, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jukka Appelqvist, 2007. "Wage and Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers in Finland," Discussion Papers 422, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.