The Inflation-Targeting Debate
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractOver the past fifteen years, a significant number of industrialized and middle-income countries have adopted inflation targeting as a framework for monetary policymaking. As the name suggests, in such inflation-targeting regimes, the central bank is responsible for achieving a publicly announced target for the inflation rate. While the objective of controlling inflation enjoys wide support among both academic experts and policymakers, and while the countries that have followed this model have generally experienced good macroeconomic outcomes, many important questions about inflation targeting remain. In Inflation Targeting, a distinguished group of contributors explores the many underexamined dimensions of inflation targeting—its potential, its successes, and its limitations—from both a theoretical and an empirical standpoint, and for both developed and emerging economies. The volume opens with a discussion of the optimal formulation of inflation-targeting policy and continues with a debate about the desirability of such a model for the United States. The concluding chapters discuss the special problems of inflation targeting in emerging markets, including the Czech Republic, Poland, and Hungary.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by University of Chicago Press in its series National Bureau of Economic Research Books with number 9780226044712 and published in 2005.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://press.uchicago.edu
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2013.
"Is monetary policy overburdened?,"
IMFS Working Paper Series
75, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS), Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2013. "Is monetary policy overburdened?," BIS Working Papers 435, Bank for International Settlements.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2013. "Is monetary policy overburdened?," Public Policy Discussion Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston 13-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Books Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.