The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in the Economy
AbstractA key component of economic globalization, foreign direct investment (FDI) plays a special role in stimulating the growth of countries’ competitiveness. This book provides a comprehensive insight into the relationship between foreign direct investment and economic growth, with a special focus on the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The empirical and theoretical studies included in the book describe the positive impact of foreign direct investment on long-term economic growth in both developed and developing countries. The book documents the extent of foreign direct investment and barriers to FDI in selected countries. It shows the positive growth effects of foreign direct investment, while noting that these effects are not guaranteed automatically. The book is a valuable source of information on foreign direct investment, especially in Central and Eastern Europe, and the business decision-making process in general.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its series Books with number 9783866183070 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro, 2013. "Spillover versus Ownership: A Meta-Analysis of Transition Literature," RRC Working Paper Series 42, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Roland Bardy & Stephen Drew & Tumenta Kennedy, 2012. "Foreign Investment and Ethics: How to Contribute to Social Responsibility by Doing Business in Less-Developed Countries," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(3), pages 267-282, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.