AbstractRapid growth in financial services regulation in many countries has led to demand for high quality data about agencies and institutions involved in national and international regulation of banking. This major new publication provides detailed, consistently presented information for some 300 institutions globally. It covers organizations with regulatory responsibilities, whether primary or secondary, for the banking sector on both national and international levels. Invaluable data provided for each institution include: - Scope of Regulation - Legal Basis - Financing - Key Personnel and Organizational Structure - History - Current Regulatory Developments - Regulatory Objectives - Activities and Implementation - Measures to Ensure Compliance - Accountability - Complaints and Redress - Relationships with other Regulatory Bodies - Principal Publications The information provided for each regulatory body has been reviewed by a leading law firm in each jurisdiction.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9781904501367 and published in 2005.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Quintyn & Donato Masciandaro & MarÃa Nieto, 2009. "Will they Sing the Same Tune? Measuring Convergence in the New European System of Financial Supervisors," IMF Working Papers 09/142, International Monetary Fund.
- Masciandaro, D. & Nieto, M. & Prast, H.M., 2007.
"Financial Governance of Banking Supervision,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381469, Tilburg University.
- Mayes, David G & Nieto, Maria J & Wall , Larry, 2007. "Multiple safety net regulators and agency problems in the EU: is Prompt Corrective Action a partial solution?," Research Discussion Papers 7/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Mayes, David G. & Nieto, María J. & Wall, Larry, 2008.
"Multiple safety net regulators and agency problems in the EU: Is Prompt Corrective Action partly the solution?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 232-257, September.
- David G. Mayes & María J. Nieto & Larry Wall, 2008. "Multiple safety net regulators and agency problems in the EU: Is Prompt Corrective Action partly the solution?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0819, Banco de Espa�a.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.