An Outline of the History of Economic Thought
AbstractThis book provides a comprehensive overview of the development of economics from its beginnings, at the end of the Middle Ages, up to contemporary developments, including a number of significant contributions of the 1980s. The economic thought of the last 50 years has been given particular attention to reflect the remarkable growth in research accomplished during this period. The authors present traditional as well as modern theories as part of a historical process. Thus they have not only surveyed economic thought from a theoretical perspective, but have also reconstructed the intellectual climate from which new economic theories have emerged. The book therefore takes a history-of-ideas approach, whose principal aims consist, on the one hand, of understanding the context in which the ideas are formed, and, on the other, of explaining how the fundamental ideas lead to the creation of particular theoretical systems.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199279142 and published in 2005.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Duff & David Fryer, 2005. "Market Failure, Human Capital, and Job Search Dynamics in South Africa: The Case of Duncan Village," Working Papers 05098, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Mongin, Philippe, 2006.
"Normes et jugements de valeur en économie normative,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
858, HEC Paris.
- Mongin, P., 1999. "Normes et jugements de valeur en economie normative," Papers 99-20, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- P. Mongin, 1999. "Normes et jugements de valeur en économie normative," THEMA Working Papers 99-20, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Mary Wrenn, 2007. "What is Heterodox Economics? Conversations with Historians of Economic Thought," Forum for Social Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 97-108, October.
- Tiago Camarinha Lopes, 2011. "As Fases Históricas Do Debate Sobre Atransformação Dos Valores Em Preços De Produção," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 030, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Andersen, Birgitte & Corley, Marva, 2003. "The Theoretical, Conceptual and Empirical Impact of the Service Economy: A Critical Review," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Vincent Barnett, 2000. "Tugan-Baranovskii's vision of an international socialist economy," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 115-135.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1999. "Mercantilists and classicals: insights from doctrinal history," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 55-82.
- Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, 2013. "Beyond Thomas Mun: the economic ideas of Edward Coke, Francis Bacon and Lionel Cranfield," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG 473, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Gotsis, George, 2003. "A Meta-theoretical Assessment of the Decline of Scholastic Economics," MPRA Paper 12876, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2004.
- Volker Heinemann, 2007. "Current developments in international trade â€“ an opportunity for a new progressive approach in economic policies," International Journal of Green Economics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3/4), pages 351-373.
- Miriam Kennet & Volker Heinemann, 2006. "Green Economics: setting the scene. Aims, context, and philosophical underpinning of the distinctive new solutions offered by Green Economics," International Journal of Green Economics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1/2), pages 68-102.
- Zamagni, Vera, 2010. "What is the Message of 'Understanding the Process of Economic Change' for Economic Historians?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 157-163, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.