The Impact of EMU on Europe and the Developing Countries
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractMuch has been written about EMU, mostly concerning its desirability and whether it will ever come to exist. Now it is here, and likely to stay. The 'next generation' of research on EMU is already under way, and this volume presents a significant sample of that research. The authors explore questions such as: How do central bankers who used to run their own banks now melt into a single pot? Are labour markets going to shape up? Is the euro becoming a world currency? "The Impact of EMU on Europe and the Developing Countries" is outward-looking, examining the impact of EMU on the rest of the world---the developing and transition countries---and the likely evolution of trade patterns inside and outside Europe. This book, written by leading authorities in the field, will appeal to researchers and graduate students by providing immediate access to a wide range of up-to-date work on EMU. Contributors to this volume - Charles Wyplosz Jurgen von Hagen and Kenneth Kletzer Alex Cukierman Harald Uhlig Alessandra Casella Samuel Bentolila and Gilles Saint-Paul Marius Brulhart Harry Flam and Per Jansson Jean-Pierre Danthine, Francesco Giavazzi, and Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden Barry Eichengreen and Donald Mathieson Benjamin Cohen Patrick Honohan and Philip Lane John Cuddington and Hong Liang David Begg Charles Wyplosz
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199245314 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander & Čeč, Tanja, 2009.
"Compositional Analysis of Foreign Currency Reserves in the 1999-2007 Period : The Euro vs. The Dollar as Leading Reserve Currency,"
14350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander & Čeč, Tanja, 2010. "Compositional Analysis Of Foreign Currency Reserves In The 1999-2007 Period. The Euro Vs. The Dollar As Leading Reserve Currency," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 165-181, March.
- João Rebelo Barbosa & Rui Henrique Alves, 2011. "Divergent competitiveness in the eurozone and the optimum currency area theory," FEP Working Papers 436, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Canale, Rosaria Rita, 2008.
"Central bank reaction to public deficit and sound public finance: the case of the European Monetary Union,"
8789, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosaria Rita Canale, 2010. "Central Bank Reaction to Public Deficit and Sound Public Finance: The Case of the European Monetary Union," Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 4-17, June.
- Wasim Shahid Malik & Musleh-ud Din, 2008.
"Monetary Policy Transparency in Pakistan : An Independent Analysis,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Wasim Shahid Malik & Musleh-ud Din, 2008. "Monetary Policy Transparency in Pakistan: An Independent Analysis," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:44, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Canale, Rosaria Rita, 2006. "Positive effects of fiscal expansions on growth and debt," MPRA Paper 1432, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2006.
- Alex Cukierman, 2002.
"Are contemporary central banks transparent about economic models and objectives and what difference does it make?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 15-36.
- Cukierman, Alex, 2001. "Are Contemporary Central Banks Transparent about Economic Models and Objectives and What Difference Does it Make?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2001,05, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José R. Maria, 2007.
"International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?,"
w200714, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia & Ramos Maria, José, 2007. "International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?," MPRA Paper 5996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Affinito, 2011. "Convergence clubs, the euro-area rank and the relationship between banking and real convergence," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 809, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2012. "Regional inflation and industrial structure in monetary union," MPRA Paper 37310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Fabio Farabullini, 2009. "Does the Law of One Price Hold in Euro-Area Retail Banking? An Empirical Analysis of Interest Rate Differentials across the Monetary Union," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(1), pages 5-37, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.