Pricing and Hedging of Derivative Securities
AbstractThe theory of pricing and hedging of derivative securities is mathematically sophisticated. This book is an introduction to the use of advanced probability theory in financial economics, presenting the necessary mathematics in a precise and rigorous manner. Professor Nielsen concentrates on three main areas: the theory of continuous-time stochastic processes, a notorious barrier to the understanding of probability theory in finance; the general theory of trading, pricing, and hedging in continuous time, using the martingale approach; and a detailed look at the BlackScholes and the Gaussian one-factor models of the term structure of interest rates. His book enables the reader to read the journal literature with confidence, apply the methods to new problems, or to do original research in the field.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198776192 and published in 1999.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert M. Anderson & Roberto C. Raimondo, 2003. "Market Clearing and Derivative Pricing," Discussion Papers 03-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Dorje C. Brody & Lane P. Hughston, 2011. "Interest Rates and Information Geometry," Papers 1111.3757, arXiv.org.
- Kenjiro Hori, 2005. "Job Matching with Multiple-Hiring Firms and Heterogeneous Workers: A Microfoundation," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0514, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Bernd Heidergott & Warren Volk-Makarewicz, 2013. "A Measure-Valued Differentiation Approach to Sensitivity Analysis of Quantiles," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-082/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Henrard, Marc, 2007. "Skewed Libor Market Model and Gaussian HJM explicit approaches to rolled deposit options," MPRA Paper 1534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lars Nielsen, 2007. "Dividends in the theory of derivative securities pricing," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 447-471, June.
- Marc Henrard, 2005. "Inflation bond option pricing in Jarrow-Yildirim model," Finance 0510027, EconWPA.
- A. Gulisashvili & E. M. Stein, 2009. "Asymptotic Behavior of the Stock Price Distribution Density and Implied Volatility in Stochastic Volatility Models," Papers 0906.0392, arXiv.org.
- José Carlos Ramirez Sánchez, 2004. "Usos y limitaciones de los procesos estocásticos en el tratamiento de distribuciones de rendimientos con colas gordas," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 19(1), pages 51-76, June.
- Francisco Venegas Martínez & Abigail Rodríguez Nava, 2009. "Consumo y decisiones de portafolio en ambientes estocásticos: un marco teórico unificador," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 29-64, November.
- Henrard, Marc, 2006. "TIPS Options in the Jarrow-Yildirim model," MPRA Paper 1423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.