Optimization in Economic Theory
Abstract* This is the new edition of a popular student textbook. The first edition was well-received. The author has made revisions and additions to enhance the book's usefulness without destroying its distinctive character as a lucid, thorough, and readable text. It gives a broad treatment of optimization methods, building on simple economic theory and elementary linear algebra and calculus, and reinforcing each new mathematical idea by relating it to its economics application.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198772101 and published in 1990.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauro Caselli, 2012.
"Does wealth inequality reduce the gains from trade?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 333-356, June.
- Caselli, Mauro, 2009. "Does wealth inequality reduce the gains from trade?," MPRA Paper 15329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauro Caselli, 2008. "Does wealth inequality reduce the gains from trade?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2008-30, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mauro Caselli, 2008. "Does wealth inequality reduce the gains from trade?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2008-30, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1996. "The lagrange method of optimization with applications to portfolio and investment decisions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 1-18.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00447527 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carrera, Jose M., 1999. "Speculative attacks to currency target zones: A market microstructure approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 555-582, December.
- Kamrad, Bardia & Lele, Shreevardhan S. & Siddique, Akhtar & Thomas, Robert J., 2005. "Innovation diffusion uncertainty, advertising and pricing policies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 829-850, August.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Gayatri B. Koolwal & Hussain A. Samad, 2010. "Handbook on Impact Evaluation : Quantitative Methods and Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2693, October.
- James D. Adams, 2004.
"Scientific Teams and Institution Collaborations: Evidence from U.S. Universities, 1981-1999,"
NBER Working Papers
10640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, James D. & Black, Grant C. & Clemmons, J. Roger & Stephan, Paula E., 2005. "Scientific teams and institutional collaborations: Evidence from U.S. universities, 1981-1999," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 259-285, April.
- Pflüger, Michael P., 2001. "A Simple, Analytically Solvable Chamberlinian Agglomeration Model," IZA Discussion Papers 359, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fabien Candau, 2011. "Heterogeneous Immigration, Segregation and Trade," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 73-86, February.
- Guizani, Brahim, 2010. "Regulation Policy And Credit Crunch: Evidence From Japan," MPRA Paper 46827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 May 2013.
- James D. Adams, 2000. "Endogenous R&D Spillovers and Industrial Research Productivity," NBER Working Papers 7484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aline Coudouel & Stefano Paternostro, 2006. "Analyzing the Distributional Impact of Reforms : A Practitioner’s Guide to Pension, Health, Labor Markets, Public Sector Downsizing, Taxation, Decentralization, and Macroeconomic Modeling, Volume 2," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7041, October.
- Terra, Maria Cristina T., 1999. "Tariff design with varying degrees of commitment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 123-147, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.