Approximating Integrals via Monte Carlo and Deterministic Methods
AbstractThis book is designed to introduce graduate students and researchers to the primary methods useful for approximating integrals. The emphasis is on those methods that have been found to be of practical use, and although the focus is on approximating higher- dimensional integrals the lower-dimensional case is also covered. Included in the book are asymptotic techniques, multiple quadrature and quasi-random techniques as well as a complete development of Monte Carlo algorithms. For the Monte Carlo section importance sampling methods, variance reduction techniques and the primary Markov Chain Monte Carlo algorithms are covered. This book brings these various techniques together for the first time, and hence provides an accessible textbook and reference for researchers in a wide variety of disciplines.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198502784 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2004.
"An Irregular Grid Approach for Pricing High-Dimensional American Options,"
2004-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2002. "An Irregular Grid Approach for Pricing High Dimensional American Options," Discussion Paper 2002-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Qian, Zhiguang & Shapiro, Alexander, 2006. "Simulation-based approach to estimation of latent variable models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 1243-1259, November.
- Nott, David J. & Fielding, Mark & Leonte, Daniela, 2009. "On a generalization of the Laplace approximation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(11), pages 1397-1403, June.
- Episcopos, Athanasios, 2004. "The implied reserves of the Bank Insurance Fund," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1617-1635, July.
- Robin K. S. Hankin, . "A Generalization of the Dirichlet Distribution," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 33(i11).
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2004. "Pricing High-Dimensional American Options Using Local Consistency Conditions," Discussion Paper 2004-19, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tian, Guo-Liang & Ng, Kai Wang & Li, Kai-Can & Tan, Ming, 2009. "Non-iterative sampling-based Bayesian methods for identifying changepoints in the sequence of cases of Haemolytic uraemic syndrome," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3314-3323, July.
- Sartori, N. & Severini, T.A. & Marras, E., 2010. "An alternative specification of generalized linear mixed models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 575-584, February.
- Diego Kuonen, . "Numerical Integration in S-PLUS or R: A Survey," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(i13).
- Sugita, Katsuhiro, 2002. "Testing For Cointegration Rank Using Bayes Factors," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 654, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- L'Ecuyer, Pierre, 2004. "Random number generation," Papers 2004,21, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Lucio Barabesi, 2003. "A Monte Carlo integration approach to Horvitz-Thompson estimation in replicated environmental designs," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 355-374.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.