Industrial Organization: A European Perspective
AbstractIndustrial Organization: A European Perspective presents a clearly explained and stimulating introduction to the basic theoretical models of industrial economics (including perfect competition, monopoly, Bertrand and Cournot competition) and to the most relevant topics in the field, including collusion, dominance, innovation, and international trade. The book contains up to date and accessible discussions of the determinants of firm structure (asset specificity), innovation, and static market performance. Whilst covering international trade policy and market performance, the book focuses especially on the EU. For instance, the various policy issues raised by collusion and dominant firm behaviour are analysed with particular reference to EU competition policy. There is also substantial discussion of performance in and policy toward imperfectly competitive international markets. The final chapter then looks at market integration in the European Union. The book is accompanied by a website providing case studies, extra information on specific topics, biographical material on economists relevant to the history of the discipline, and an invaluable list of links to other useful sites.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198297284 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Martin & Paola Valbonesi, 2006. "The State Aid Game," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0024, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Orts, Vicente, 2006. "Game-theoretic aspects of international mergers: Theory and case studies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 395-409, September.
- Baarsma, Barbara & de Nooij, Michiel & Koster, Weero & van der Weijden, Cecilia, 2007. "Divide and rule. The economic and legal implications of the proposed ownership unbundling of distribution and supply companies in the Dutch electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1785-1794, March.
- Kaplan, T.R. & Luski, I. & Wettstein, D., 2000.
"Innovative Activity and Sunk Cost,"
0006, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Møllgaard, Peter & Lorentzen, Jo, 2006.
"Competition Policy and Innovation,"
09-2005, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Nina Ponikvar & Maks Tajnikar, 2011. "Are the Determinants of Markup Size Industry-Specific? The Case of Slovenian Manufacturing Firms," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(2), pages 229-244, June.
- Saara Tamminen & Chang Han-Hsin, 2012. "Company heterogeneity and mark-up variability," Working Papers 32, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.