After the Euro: Shaping Institutions for Governance in the Wake of European Monetary Union
AbstractNow that the process of full implementation of European Monetary Union has begun, it is time to shift attention away from the process of introduction to the implications that the common currency will have for a wide range of institutions and policy areas. The wider political and social institutions of the European Union are not well developed there is an institutional deficit which parallels the more widely know democratic deficit. Monetary arrangements of nation states are imbedded in a range of political, cultural, economic and historical factors. Will mechanisms of these kinds eventually develop at the European level? Can national structures adapt to meet the challenge? The contributors to After the Euro tackle these questions and in doing so, take the debate beyond the economic and sovereignty questions which have so far dominated the debate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198296393 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2001.
"Institutions and Macroeconomic Performance: Central Bank Independence, Labour Market Institutions and the Perspectives for Inflation and Employment in the European Monetary Union,"
18880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2001. "Institutions and macroeconomic performance: Central bank independence, labour market institutions and the perspectives for inflation and employment in the European Monetary Union," WSI Discussion Papers 95, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Stiftung.
- Lars Jonung, 2002. "EMU and the Euro - The First Ten Years. Challenges to the sustainability and price stability of the euro area - what does history tell us?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 46, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Eichhorst, Werner & Kendzia, Michael J. & Vandeweghe, Barbara, 2011. "Report No. 38: Cross-Border Collective Bargaining and Transnational Social Dialogue," IZA Research Reports 38, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lars Jonung, 2002. "EMU and the euro - the first 10 years. Challenges to the sustainability and price stability of the euro area - what does history tell us?," European Economy - Economic Papers 165, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.