European Capital Markets with a Single Currency
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractOne of the greatest events in financial history will occur in 1999: the birth of the euro and the emergence of a unified European capital market. This is the first academic text to consider the medium term impact of a single currency on these markets. It tackles several key questions: Once the euro is in place, what is likely to change in European capital markets? How is the structure of the bond, equity, and derivative markets going to be affected? Are these markets going to be integrated? Is the disappearence of exchange rate uncertainty going to affect risk premium on the equity and corporate debt markets? Is the euro going to compete with the US dollar, and does this matter? Is the introduction of the euro likely to change the sources of competitive advantages of financial institutions? What are going to be the key factors for success in the industry? The European Capital Markets Institute commissioned a report to address these issues. Drawn from various countries and fields of research - banking, economics, and finance - the contributors analyse the structural effects of the introduction of euro on European capital markets.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198295396 and published in 1999.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2000. "Capital Market Integration in Euroland: The Role of Banks," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(4), pages 443-464, November.
- José Soares Fonseca, 2006. "L’intégration des marchés financiers," GEMF Working Papers 2006-06, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Malkamäki, Markku & Topi, Jukka, 1999. "Strategic Challenges for Exchanges and Securities Settlement," Research Discussion Papers 21/1999, Bank of Finland.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John W., 2010. "Financial markets versus institutions in European countries: Influence of culture and other national characteristics," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 502-520, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.