Expectations, Employment and Prices
AbstractExpectations, Employment and Prices brings Keynesian economics into the 21st century by providing a new paradigm that explains how high unemployment could potentially persist forever without a little help from the government. The book fills in logical gaps that were missing from Keynes' General Theory of Employment Interest and Money by reconciling some of its key ideas with modern economic theory. Central bankers throughout the world are talking now about developing a second instrument of monetary policy in addition to controlling the interest rate. This book directly addresses this issue and offers new creative monetary policy proposals and suggestions for the design of new financial institutions for the 21st century.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195397901 and published in 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger E. A. Farmer, 2012.
"The Evolution of Endogenous Business Cycles,"
302012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Marco Guerrazzi, 2010. "How to Reduce Unemployment: Notes on Macro-Economic Stability and Dynamics," Discussion Papers 2010/106, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Farmer, Roger E.A., 2012.
"The stock market crash of 2008 caused the Great Recession: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 693-707.
- Roger E.A. Farmer, 2011. "The Stock Market Crash of 2008 Caused the Great Recession: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 17479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farmer, Roger E A, 2011. "The Stock Market Crash of 2008 Caused the Great Recession: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 8617, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Guerrazzi, 2011. "Search And Stochastic Dynamics In The Old Keynesian Economics: A Rationale For The Shimer Puzzle," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 561-586, November.
- Cynthia A. Bansa & Martha A. Starr, 2011. "Distributional costs of the housing-price bust," Working Papers 2011-04, American University, Department of Economics.
- Jan Brùha, 2011. "An Empirical Small Labor Market Model for the Czech Economy," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(5), pages 434-449, November.
- Roger E. A. Farmer, 2011.
"Confidence Crashes and Animal Spirits,"
2011 Meeting Papers
603, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Masanori Kashiwagi, .
"Sunspots and Self-Fulfilling Beliefs in the U.S. Housing Market,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Masanori Kashiwagi, 2014. "Code files for "Sunspots and Self-Fulfilling Beliefs in the U.S. Housing Market"," Computer Codes 12-172, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG & Lifang Xu, 2012.
"Stock Market Bubbles and Unemployment,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2012-011, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Gary Dymski & Jesus Hernandez & Lisa Mohanty, 2013. "Race, Gender, Power, and the US Subprime Mortgage and Foreclosure Crisis: A Meso Analysis," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 124-151, July.
- Guerrazzi Marco, 2012.
"Expectations, Employment and Prices: A Suggested Interpretation of the New «Farmerian» Economics,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 369.
- Guerrazzi, Marco, 2010. "Expectations, employment and prices: a suggested interpretation of the new 'farmerian' economics," MPRA Paper 30832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Guerrazzi, 2011. "Expectations, Employment and Prices: A Suggested Interpretation of the New ‘Farmerian’ Economics," Discussion Papers 2011/116, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Farmer, Roger E.A., 2010. "How to reduce unemployment: A new policy proposal," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 557-572, July.
- Samuel DANTHINE & Michel DE VROEY, 2014. "Integrating search in macroeconomics: the defining years," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014013, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Gary A. Dymski & Jesus Hernandez & Lisa Mohanty, 2011. "Race, Power, and the Subprime/Foreclosure Crisis: A Mesoanalysis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_669, Levy Economics Institute.
- Roger E.A. Farmer, 2013. "Animal Spirits, Financial Crises and Persistent Unemployment-super-," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 317-340, 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.