Mathematics for Economics, 2nd Edition
AbstractThis book offers a comprehensive presentation of the mathematics required to tackle problems in economic analysis. To give a better understanding of the mathematical concepts, the text follows the logic of the development of mathematics rather than that of an economics course. After a review of the fundamentals of sets, numbers, and functions, the book covers limits and continuity, the calculus of functions of one variable, linear algebra, multivariate calculus, and dynamics. To develop the student's problem-solving skills, the book works through a large number of examples and economic applications. The second edition includes simple game theory, l'Hôpital's rule, Leibniz's rule, and a more intuitive development of the Hamiltonian. An instructor's manual is available.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 0262582074 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
mathematics; economic analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chu, Kam Hon, 2010. "Bank mergers, branch networks and economic growth: Theory and evidence from Canada, 1889-1926," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 265-283, March.
- Tao Wang, 2006. "Cost Effectiveness in River Management: Evaluation of Integrated River Policy System in Tidal Ouse," Working Papers 2006.142, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Tomo, Alda & Crawford, Eric W. & Donovan, Cynthia & Lloyd, James W. & Udo, Henk & Viets, Theo, 2012. "Does Village Chickens Vaccination Raise Farmers’ Income? Evidence from Rural Mozambique," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 130977, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tri WIDODO, 2009. "Comparative Advantage: Theory, Empirical Measures And Case Studies," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 4, pages 57-82, November.
- Peter Michaelis, 2004. "Education, Research and the Impact of Tuition Fees - A Simple Model of the University," Discussion Paper Series 265, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.